Laptop buying help

aaron2392

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Hello.
This is arun.
I am thinking to buy a new laptop for daily use . I am a computer science student and use Photoshop and lightroom . I am confused between lenovo y50 and think pad yoga 15. Both has good specifications . I am looking particularity the 1080 p models . I need a laptop with good battery and performance. Please suggest me the good one.

Thanks
Arun

aaron2392

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

The y5o looks good and has better specs. Can you please suggest me agood one under 1200 $ i dont play games at all. I need a latop which looks good and perform well i use the laptop for photoshop and lightroom and browsing purpose.

The Y50 is a good laptop. For photo editing, it's recommended you get something with a screen that has at least a 72% gamut. You will need to call the manufacturer to find out this info, or search online.

72% - 90 % NTSC is ideal for Photoshop and Lightroom because it offers more color saturation and more accurate colors. If you're serious about getting the best picture possible, a calibration tool is a good idea also.

But no matter what, the Y50 is a good laptop. Consider Clevo laptops as well; you can sometimes have the screen upgraded on certain Clevo models.