Laptop cannot find my network, but can find other networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

decaulion

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Hi, I have just encountered a problem. I updated Windows 10 and now my laptop cannot find my specific router, but it can find other routers in the neighborhood, and I can hotspot my phone and able to connect to the internet like that. I remember this problem happened a couple months ago (Windows 8.1), for some reason but then I just performed a factory reset and it worked, however I do not want to do that again. I am looking for any other alternatives.
Thanks

june85

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Hi,

If your wifi driver is up to date, there is no need to reinstall it. The problem is coming from your router.

If you don't want to perform a factory reset, just try to access your router settings. As you can not see and connect to your network by using the wifi, you will need to connect to it using ethernet cable. Then open your web browser and try to access to http://192.168.1.1. This is the default address, it might change according to the brand of router.

Once you are in the settings, look for the "channel" option, try to set it up on 7 or 11, then save changes and restart router. You should then be able to see your wifi network.

decaulion

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
I guess I spoke to soon. I shut down my laptop and went to work, come back right now, all wifi networks are there but mine, however my ps4 iphone tablet all have that network on there wireless. This is getting funky right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS