laptop charge problem gaming

Feb 26, 2018
hello guys
please i got new pc laptop asus i7 / 8 gb / gt 920 mx but when i play some games the charge gone from 100 % to 0 in less then 1:20 hours
is this normal ?????
ps power mode is 50 % ...
so i need to ask please is it normal to charge battery wile playing or surffing net ? or i need to full charge it and then play ( i mean better for battery s life )
tnx :)

Solution
Again, look at the power options.
And, select integrated graphics instead of the gt 920 MX discrete graphics chip which consumes extra power.
50% compute power and 50% display brightness will also consume less power.

Playing games is cpu and graphics intensive. Your settings will be picking full cpu power and graphics power unless you actively reduce it.

geofelt

Distinguished
First of all, you will not get top performance unless your laptop is plugged in while gaming.

It sounds to me like you are playing on battery or the charger is not working.

Look in windows power options.
See that your settings are appropriate for battery vs. plugged in.

I would leave the laptop plugged in whenever I can.
You get better performance, a brighter screen, and your battery will be charged up.

As to battery life, I don't know.
Batteries do not last forever, but they can be replaced.

Feb 26, 2018

i don t need better performance i just need a better life for battery cause it s not a gaming pc i need to study with wile i can put it charging in classe ...

geofelt

Distinguished
Again, look at the power options.
And, select integrated graphics instead of the gt 920 MX discrete graphics chip which consumes extra power.
50% compute power and 50% display brightness will also consume less power.

Playing games is cpu and graphics intensive. Your settings will be picking full cpu power and graphics power unless you actively reduce it.

Solution
Feb 26, 2018

ok tnx bro