Question laptop charger question, please help

May 15, 2020
I have a dell g7 7590 gaming laptop with a intel i7 9750h cpu, and a rtx 2070 max q video card. the power supply that came with the laptop is a 180 watt charger, now whats happening is i can play games, but while playing games the battery starts discharging while laptop is under a heavy load. so this charger that dell supplied in the box is under powered. so what i did was i bought a new 240 watt after market charger, the reason why i got a after market charger is cause dell only sells 180 watt chargers for my laptop. is it ok to use a after market charger? im asking before i use it. thanks...

Jul 23, 2020
I have a dell g7 7590 gaming laptop with a intel i7 9750h cpu, and a rtx 2070 max q video card. the power supply that came with the laptop is a 180 watt charger, now whats happening is i can play games, but while playing games the battery starts discharging while laptop is under a heavy load. so this charger that dell supplied in the box is under powered. so what i did was i bought a new 240 watt after market charger, the reason why i got a after market charger is cause dell only sells 180 watt chargers for my laptop. is it ok to use a after market charger? im asking before i use it. thanks...
I have the same problem... Have you found a fix?