laptop constantly on 90 degrees

SkyDr

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
My laptop has been running close to/over 90 degrees celcius for around a year now, but recently I have experienced some lag. Maybe the temperature has done something? It is almost boiling hot. The laptop is Asus n53sv, is it supposed to be that hot? Also what could be wrong?

Kaze_Senshi

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
That temperature doesn't seem to be natural. My old notebook was used to shutdown automatically when it reaches 100º celsius. So this is not good.

Are you using a notebook with Windows, if so press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and try to take a look in tabs of Services and Performance, look if you can find any process expending too muh CPU power. If you find something like that try to close it and see what happens.

Vyktrii

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Please don't consider this a joke,but there is a type of virus that uses 100% CPU all the time,but hides when task manager is open,any antivirus cannot remove it (tried BITDEFENDER total and KASPERSKY) only way to remove it is reinstalling windows,are you using same windows for a year?,antivirus cannot remove it , its hidden somewhere in windows folder,you cannot delete it,it stayed with me for 3 months

Try opening task manager,wait for minute,then check if temp comes down

SkyDr

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
definitely less than a year, problem was before and after that. Also bought some thermal paste today, will replace that aswell and see if anything changes. On the lag part, games that used to run on 100+fps now peak at 40 fps.

TRENDING THREADS