Solved! Laptop cooler for your lap..

tydalwave

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
My wife actually uses her laptop on her lap ( while she sits on the couch ). And since I have talked her into playing a video game called Aion, it REALLY heats up.

The fans are positioned so if you actually use the "laptop" as a "laptop" the fans are right where your legs are, and cannot intake any fresh air. Funny how they design a "laptop" like that.

So question is: Can anyone recommend a laptop "chill pad" that doesnt suck air from the bottom like a ton I have seen on newegg? The ones I have seen have big 120mm + fans in the middle that look like they suck from "your lap".

Solution
The chill pads basically only cool off the outside of your laptop the inside is still fairly hot. I myelf just place my laptop on a hard cover book between the bottom of it and my lap. as long as it's on a hard surface you're usually fine

tydalwave

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Well after much research, looks like they don't want you using a laptop on your lap. All the coolers suck air from the bottom so a pillow or your lap blocks the intake. Only thing I see is that this allows space for the original fans from your laptop to suck that little bit of air between the cooler and the laptop. Regardless, these are all bad designs.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
The chill pads basically only cool off the outside of your laptop the inside is still fairly hot. I myelf just place my laptop on a hard cover book between the bottom of it and my lap. as long as it's on a hard surface you're usually fine

Solution

TRENDING THREADS