Laptop Cooler Question

AdriXL

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Hi guys, I have a question about a laptop cooler I tested last weekend. Is it normal the laptop heats up a little bit instead of cooling down a little bit while using the cooler?

Most of the cooler is made of plastic but it does what it must be done (it blows air).

I was thinking about buying a new cooler (thermaltake or some other better than current) but after seeing the behaviour of the laptop when the cooler is on... I'm not sure.

¿What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Do you mean cooling pad? Are you sure its heating your laptop?
Sounds like its not related to the cooler at all unless its design closes the venting holes on the bottom of your laptop. In that case look for another cooler that wont

AdriXL

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Yeah, I mean a cooler pad.

The laptop was upon the cooler which was turned off and the processor temp was about 44º. When I turned on the cooler, the processor temp reached about 47º in one hour. After that, I turned off the cooler again and the temp dropped down to 44º again in just 5-10 minutes.

I was downloading a file (torrent) at a fixed rate during the time of the test and maybe the temp reading has not been accurate because of that... what do you think?

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Well i havent tested myself if it rises the cpu temp... however you connect a device that consume power which normally lead into higher temps.
The torrent download shouldnt affect that much your temps unless your cpu was stressed during the download