Laptop CPU not performing as it used to

chrono222

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hi
I've got a Toshiba Laptop with a Core i5 2430M. Back when I brought it, I ran the Windows Experience Index (Windows 7) and the CPU got something like 6.1. All was well, I upgraded to Windows 8 when it came out, noticed no problems. However, when I had to some video converting, I noticed it took quite a while longer than it used to. I ran the experience index again and the CPU score was down to 3.4. Ran it again and got the same thing. However, I wasn't bothered since I wasn't doing anything CPU intensive.

However, I recently ran some emulators that I used to run before and well, they aren't running well. I ran the Passmark benchmark and the CPU got a score of 1120 which is much lower than the 3250 that's listed on the site for the i5 2430M.

What seems to be the problem and how could I solve it? Any help, much appreciated.

EDIT: I checked the BIOS settings. Turbo Boost was turned on but I turned it off and then turned it on back again. Surprisingly, that seemed to have done the trick. Got a passmark CPU score of 3600 and the emulator ran very well. However that only lasted for 20 minutes. It seems the Core Clock speed is stuck at 700mhz even under load.

chrono222

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Really sorry for this but could you be more precise?
Here's what CPU-Z shows
CPU-Z.jpg

Should I change the multiplier? I don't see an option to do that in the bios.