Laptop CPU upgrade

wkobre

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Hello guys,
I own Asus K52JV,and i managed to open it to check if CPU is integrated or not...luckily it isn't :)
If it matters,slot is rPGA 989.I saw this list on official site https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/K52JV/specifications/ and i wonder if i can put in that i5 480m?Currently i have P6200.Or even better,can i have i5 560m?I found some lists on google of possible cpu upgrades,but on one site it say its possible,on another its tottaly different socket for same cpu,and I'm very confused!!
And one more question..if i have 4gb ram and add another 2gb to another slot,is that going to work well together or it have to be same size in both?
Please help me!And sorry for my English,tried my best..

Solution

From what I see, you can't upgrade to an i core CPU. And even if you could upgrade the CPU, the video card is not part of the CPU and it will stay the same.

From what I see, you can't upgrade to an i core CPU. And even if you could upgrade the CPU, the video card is not part of the CPU and it will stay the same.

Solution

wkobre

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
If anyone have same model,i would like to confirm that it is possible to change cpu.Im not sure about i5-5xx models,but i5-480 working fine.

TRENDING THREADS