Laptop CPU upgrade

lawrencendlw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Hey guys I was wondering if I could ask you guys for some help. I need to upgrade my wives Laptop so she can stop ruining my gaming PC and as is the only logical way to make it run faster is for me to upgrade the CPU seeing as I have already upgraded her ram. The Laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6000 (dv6226us) and it currently has a Intel® Pentium® Processor T2060 (1M Cache, 1.60 GHz, 533 MHz FSB) which is socket PGA478, and I would like to upgrade to the fastest CPU available for that socket. The highest one that I have found is Intel® Pentium® Processor T4400 (1M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) unless I can use a core 2 duo which is basically what I'm asking. is it possible to use a socket P processor in a PGA478 board (I'm pretty sure that the answer is no because you cant fit a LGA 1366 CPU in a LGA 1156 socket but I'm hoping with the mobile ones that it is compatible so that I can see a huge difference in performance over her base model CPU currently in the Laptop)? If any of you happen to know what is the best replacement for the current cpu then please let me know ( and no replacing the laptop isn't a option at the time or I would throw it out and get a new Asus lol) or if you just know of a good replacement that will show considerable increases in performance please let me know. Also if you have any other suggestions on what to upgrade besides the CPU ( not including the ram since I replaced it with the fastest ram that it would take and maxed it out on capacity also) that would be great too but I cant think of any that would be worth doing. Thanks in advance...

simon12

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Apart from RAM and HDD upgrading laptops is always a bit dodgy I wouldn't try a processor upgrade unless HP confirm it will work as even processors that go in the same socket with the same FSB may not be supported by the bios. Also it will be a nightmare job changing it and putting it back together.

lawrencendlw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I'm a electronic engineer so changing it wouldn't be a problem. I was asking to see if there were other compatible processors for my wives computer. I know that there are a few because when we bought it we didn't buy the upgraded processor. I'm just not sure as to which ones it was that we had to choose from since we bought the computer a couple of years ago.

Micky_1

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello

are you looking for even a processor for HP Pavilion dv6000? I have a HP Pavilion dv62190ea my notebook a processor Intel ® Pentium ® processor T7200 incorporated. It is thus now super fine. :love:

index.php