Laptop CPU Upgrade

ChristopherRobin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
I have an older Toshiba Satellite c655-s5049, after some research I decided to upgrade the CPU. I replaced the Celeron 900 with a Core 2 T7300. I also put a second 2gb ram stick in. I put the ram in, and everything worked fin, so I then put the CPU in. With the new CPU I get display when it is unplugged and running off of battery, but when I plug it in the display is so dark that I need a flash light to see it. I've checked the brightness settings in the power settings, and all appears well. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

ChristopherRobin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015

I gave this a try, and a minor degree it worked. I went from having a near pitch black screen to almost pitch black screen. As far as troubleshooting goes, I'm sure that means something. I just don't know what!

As for the BIOS, I made sure I had the most current version on the Toshiba website (Listed for this specific model).

ChristopherRobin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Also, switched back to the original CPU and booted then rebooted. Does not fix the issue. Sigh.

Should also be noted that I am running dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Same problem regardless of OS, so I'm assuming (Possibly incorrectly) that a software issue shouldn't be causing this.