Laptop cracked in bag

jeffrey123

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
Hi,
My laptop screen cracked while it was in my bag at lunch yesterday, and I don't know what happened. I do a lot of work on it, and it was fine in period four, but when I opened it in period five there were these black patches spread out around my screen and cracks branching out from them. I was sitting with my bag for the whole of lunch and only once dropped it (from about 30 cm off the ground) but that was a few weeks ago and it was fine until yesterday. What happened to it? Can it be fixed? and How much would fixing it cost?
P.S. It is a HP Pavilion g6 1031tx model, and i have had it for about 4-5 years. My battery life was running low, so I recently bought a double cell battery from ebay (one that stretches out at the back and looks like two batteries joined together). I use it a lot and would greatly appreciate it if someone helped me...
Thanks,
Anonymous (call me clumsy) :(

Solution
you could get a screen replacement for probably 70 - 100$ if you can find a screen that matches your model number.

The laptop should still work with a cracked screen.

Rhezner

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015
you could get a screen replacement for probably 70 - 100$ if you can find a screen that matches your model number.

The laptop should still work with a cracked screen.

Solution