Laptop Crashes When Gaming

King Leonidas

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hey guys, so a few days ago I bought a new MSI, I couldn't download the drivers from the disk because the laptop didn't come with a disk drive.
So, I decided to download them from MSI.com, but for some odd reason most of the drivers there don't actually install, after unzipping most of them they didn't download and update the older drivers.
Recently what happened was that I was playing Counter Strike and the entire screen froze, then I was prompted to the ":( your PC has run into a problem... etc" screen.
What should I do now?
I downloaded Driver booster to see what I was missing, and am now downloading drivers from the manufacturers website. But I still have enough time to get the laptop refunded as well.

Would this be a hardware or software problem? What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Test some other random things; heavy web browsing, maybe some memory and/or CPU stress tests, etc. If you get blue screens then as well, it may potentially be a hardware problem (such as faulty RAM). But don't chalk it up to that until you can more or less rule out any software you've installed as being suspect.
Test some other random things; heavy web browsing, maybe some memory and/or CPU stress tests, etc. If you get blue screens then as well, it may potentially be a hardware problem (such as faulty RAM). But don't chalk it up to that until you can more or less rule out any software you've installed as being suspect.

Solution