Laptop crashes while playing games

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys, I have an old (very old) Compaq Presario CQ40. Its been running my usual games (when I want to play them on the go) fine until it broke down yesterday. We brought it to an HP service center. Turns out one RAM slot went bad and we had to live with only 1 stick of 2Gb RAM. (Its DDR2, lol. Old, I know.) Could removing the other 2Gb of RAM cause my games to start to make the laptop crash?

I play Warcraft III TFT, (which I know only requires 128mb of RAM) and HoN. (Havent tried out HoN, but it requires 1.5GBs of RAM minimum.)

Thanks in advance!

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
usually laptop crashes have to do with too high temps. i would recommend cleaning the laptop and spraying compressed air into the vents. you can also download msi afterburner to keep an eye on your graphics chip temps

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Well, I start the games right after start-up. Laptop doesnt seem to be getting hot, since it was off for a while. It crashes like 5 minutes into the game, around 20 mins after startup. I dont think my laptop has graphics, (Im pretty sure its using integrated graphics) but Im downloading MSI Afterburner anyways. (Internet slow as crap :()