Question Laptop crashing and throttling when off charge

Oct 31, 2019
Dell G3 15. 1050 ti, 8th gen i5 core built for gaming.

I got it for Christmas so it's still under warranty till end of December but it was going fine until a month ago when i wanted to game, i was playing minecraft (i am cultured) but the temps were getting really high, so i did some searching and found Intel tuning utility, which i used to under volt it but it didn't run right when unplugged, so i went back to default setting's. didn't work, so i did a reset and kept my personal files. still isn't working and recently it's starting to crash when i play browser games.

if anyone can help me without fully wiping my device, it'd be appreciated. worst case scenario i'll send it in to JB hifi to get it looked at but i need it for school.

Sorry to say but it sounds like you need to contact the manufacturer about a repair/replacement. Better to do it now, while still under warranty, than to wait and have it run out.

Just makes sure you save all your stuff to another device first, as even if they only repair it, you can wind up losing everything.

Nov 1, 2019
sad to hear that.. but are you using laptop cooling fan or not? because most of the time when anyone plays game it takes to much processing power and heat up the laptop. so for this case, laptop cooling fans are recommended.

Oct 31, 2019
sad to hear that.. but are you using laptop cooling fan or not? because most of the time when anyone plays game it takes to much processing power and heat up the laptop. so for this case, laptop cooling fans are recommended.

Its meant to have a built in dual fan but no, I mean I have my large bedroom fan pointing at me while I'm playing but yeah. And even then the crashing and throttling is when in off games and at school doing work or playing a browser game on Google Chrome.

Nov 1, 2019
Its meant to have a built in dual fan but no, I mean I have my large bedroom fan pointing at me while I'm playing but yeah. And even then the crashing and throttling is when in off games and at school doing work or playing a browser game on Google Chrome.

No no that is different perspective but for somehow you'll need to purchase and use laptop cooling fan its like you have to put your laptop on it and then use it. bedroom fan is not enough. and this is why there is a difference between laptop and desktop computers. laptops are not powerful or equal to desktop computers power. by the way you can research about laptop cooling fan/pad you'll get more info more than mine :p

let me know if you want me to give you proper link :)