Laptop dings when moved vertically

kitkatkike

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
For some odd reason, when I raise my laptop up and down vertically, there are occasional little beeps that come from the right side of the "base". It does not matter what I am doing with it, or what is running. It will still beep. My laptop is about 4 to 5 months old and is a Dell Inspiron 13.

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

One question, does that happen when it's connected to it's AC adapter? Some possible reason why it will beep or you'll hear ding sound is when the AC adapter is being disconnected or reconnected. Another possible reason is some hardware component of the laptop is getting loose. Start by reseating the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly. If you'll be hearing the beeping sound do a complete cleanup inside your laptop make sure that there's no dust or debris inside it.

kitkatkike

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015

I'll have to test out whether it beeps or not when it's connected to the adapter. I intend to take my laptop to Best Buy to see if they can find out what's wrong. If nothing can be done, I'll be sure to try your method.

Thank you for your help!