Laptop display doesn't work

Apr 14, 2018
So I'm trying to fix my friends laptop and the problem is that when I turn on the laptop it doesn't work. The fans are working and lights turn on but the display is black and the keyboard doesn't work either. When I use external monitor USB mouse or keyboard it works. I already tried removing battery and holding power button method.

Solution
If an external display works, then your attached display or the cable that connects it is the problem for that. With the keyboard, it could be the keyboard itself, or it could be drivers. Try it one step at a time. First see about resolving the display issue. Then, if the keyboard isn't working still, try the drivers (uninstall the keyboard drivers, do not reinstall them, restart the computer and they should reinstall on their own). Should this not work, then I would look into replacing the keyboard.
If an external display works, then your attached display or the cable that connects it is the problem for that. With the keyboard, it could be the keyboard itself, or it could be drivers. Try it one step at a time. First see about resolving the display issue. Then, if the keyboard isn't working still, try the drivers (uninstall the keyboard drivers, do not reinstall them, restart the computer and they should reinstall on their own). Should this not work, then I would look into replacing the keyboard.

Solution