Solved! Laptop does not start after changing thermal paste

Sudiir12345

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
I have a Samsung r 522 laptop.
It had a very serious heating issue ,.I .E, every few minutes about 20 minutes the laptop would shut itself even though the fan is spinning.
So I decided to change the thermal paste.
I dismantled the laptop and saw the heatsink fully covered with dust and removed the dust and cleaned the old thermal compound with the alcohol wipes that we get in the medical store and applied thermal compound that I got from a computer store near my home and again assembled my laptop.
After I assembled it and pressed the power button the led glowed and the HDD access led blinked for one second and turned of and nothing is displayed on the screen .

Note: I did the following while replacing the thermal compound .
It was my first time seeing a processor in person so I removed it from the socket to see the pins and then kept it back in the socket properly.
Secondly I didn't ground myself.
Maybe the laptop got static shocked .
Not sure .
What should I do to repair my laptop.
Thanks

Solution
dismantling a laptop is always asking for trouble, unless you are very experienced I wouldn't have touched it.

You are going to have to go back into it, open it up and make 100% sure than everything is connected and you have not dislodged something, this is more than likely the problem, if however removing the CPU has damaged it in some way the you are probably out of luck.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
dismantling a laptop is always asking for trouble, unless you are very experienced I wouldn't have touched it.

You are going to have to go back into it, open it up and make 100% sure than everything is connected and you have not dislodged something, this is more than likely the problem, if however removing the CPU has damaged it in some way the you are probably out of luck.

Solution