Question Laptop doesn't boot after taking apart a putting back.

Jun 13, 2023
I have an Inspiron P66F. So pretty much title but at first the fans started spinning full speed and the batter indicator lit up, nothing else. When I opened it again to look what was wrong, after disconnecting a ribbon cable (I think it lead to the monitor) I touched something with it and the battery indicator flickered, and now it won't even show signs of life. I think something short circuited but don't see anything on the motherboard.

then your motherboard could be done.

try resetting the BIOS by removing the main battery and cmos battery for 5minutes and press the power button too while the batteries are out. Reinstall and try booting

remove the RAM and the drives (HDD/SSD)

be sure all ribbon cables are correctly in place and tightened

Garyk_

Banned
BANNED
Jun 7, 2023
I recommend taking the following steps:

1. Ensure that the laptop is unplugged from the power source and remove the battery.
  2. Carefully inspect all cable connections, particularly the ribbon cables, to ensure they are properly seated and undamaged.
  3. Double-check that all components and connectors are securely in place, including RAM modules and hard drive connections.
  4. Attempt to power on the laptop without the battery, but with the power adapter connected. If it doesn't turn on, try a different power adapter or outlet to rule out potential issues with the power source.
  5. If the laptop still doesn't show any signs of life, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance or contact Dell support for further guidance.

For additional troubleshooting tips and support, you can also visit the Dell support website or seek assistance from their customer service team.