Solved! Laptop doesnt turn on after assembly

shelden_2

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
I have an hp 15 notebook pc and I decided i wanted to change the cpu. I found out it was soldered to the motherboard. I assembled it again and the only response i can get is the light indicating it is plugged in (when it is) and a short buzz. I made sure everything was in place and not loose and i couldnt find anything that could interfere. Please help!

AMD Quad-Core A10-9600P (2.4 GHz, up to 3.3 GHz, 2 MB cache) + AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics
8 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Solution
Sorry for your problem. :( If you had come here beforehand, we could have told you your CPU was soldered, saving you the trouble of looking.

That said, I would think that something isn't as solidly reassembled as you might think. I'd release and reinsert any internal cable connections once more just to be sure.

Hopefully someone else has an idea if that doesn't work.
Sorry for your problem. :( If you had come here beforehand, we could have told you your CPU was soldered, saving you the trouble of looking.

That said, I would think that something isn't as solidly reassembled as you might think. I'd release and reinsert any internal cable connections once more just to be sure.

Hopefully someone else has an idea if that doesn't work.

Solution