Aug 31, 2018
Hi everyone. I have a serious overheating issue with my PackardBell TS11 HR laptop.
My specs are :
Intel core i7-2630Q 2.9 gHz
Dual graphic - Intel HD 3000 and NVidia 540M DDR3 1GB
Ram 8 GB
HDD 640 GB

When I gaming temp reaches 99 C and performance drop dramatically.

I have replaced thermal paste
Cleaned the fan and heatsink
Buy 3 Coolpads. One with one huge fan and the other that I put above that is 4 fans coolpad. On the side I installed Vacum Cooler. The temp in the room is under 20 C.
I also formated the HDD and did a clean win install. Also bought Bitdefender Pro Antivirus and scanned HDD... it found nothing. So its not virus problem...

What can I do?? It is time to buy another laptop or there is a fix for this bull*hit??
Could reverting to Windows 7 solve the problem?

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
DID you clean the air ducts? You can use cpuid hwmonitor. It will tell you the temps of your cpu, motherboard, equipment, along with voltages and speeds of fans. If the air ducts are cleaned and your cpu is getting hot you should see your fan spinning at high rpms to cool it.

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
The only other thing I can advise is to go into power settings, under power options you will see change plan settings click on this, then click on change advanced power settings, a box will pop up, go down to processor power management, click on that, a sub menu will open, go to system cooling policy and make sure it is on active.

Aug 31, 2018
I did that. Also when I reduce max processor power to like 55% tempersture goes down.. from 75 to 85 while playing PES on medium settings.. it lags a bit..then I set it to 90% and performance for a 3 min is really good.. then temp rise to 99 C and I have to close the game to make sure nothing gets fried... I downloaded Hw monitor but I can not find fan rpm?

Aug 31, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from robijasarajevo : "Laptop extreme overheat 99 C while gaming"

Hi everyone.

I have a serious overheating issue with my PackardBell TS11 HR laptop.
My specs are :
Intel core i7-2630Q 2.0 - 2.9 gHz
Dual graphic - Intel HD 3000 and NVidia 540M DDR3 1GB
Ram 8 GB 1333
HDD 640 GB

When I gaming temp reaches 99 C and performance drop dramatically. I do not play games that asking for very high specs. Just playing PES 2017 on medium settings.

The CPU temp is normal on idle or while working some txt in MS office.. it goes arround 43-48 C.

I have replaced thermal paste.
Super cleaned the fan and heatsink.
Bought 3 Coolpads. One with one huge fan and the other that I put above that is 4 fans coolpad.
On the side I installed Vacum Cooler. The temp in the room is under 20 C.
I also formated the HDD and did a clean windows 10 install. Also bought Bitdefender Pro Antivirus and scanned HDD... it found nothing. So its not virus problem...

What can I do?? It is time to buy another laptop or there is a fix for this?
Could reverting to Windows 7 solve the problem?

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

In hw monitor is there a section that says something like pwm speed? If so that is your fan monitoring. Or under your motherboard temps there should be a category for fans and their speed no?