Solved! Laptop fan not spinning faster when needed

Mar 3, 2020
Good evening!

So basically my laptop fan does not start to spin faster when needed for heavier tasks.
For example I open a game to play but the fan keeps spinning at a super low rate.
My laptop is kinda low spec but it can run Overwatch at 30fps low settings well, but until now the fan span super fast and was pretty noisy but nothing unusual.
Now even when I start the game the fan doesnt go faster, and its making all my games lag including low spec games like League that I could run at full graphics at 60fps.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Sounds like your fan may be needing replacing to me.

If the laptop is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't under warranty, then first go in and clean it out of dust and debris. Make sure the fan and everything else, especially the vents, are clear. If this doesn't resolve it, then you likely need to have that fan replaced. And it would be best to do so before it starts to overheat and causes other things to need replacing (CPU, GPU, motherboard, etc.).
Sounds like your fan may be needing replacing to me.

If the laptop is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't under warranty, then first go in and clean it out of dust and debris. Make sure the fan and everything else, especially the vents, are clear. If this doesn't resolve it, then you likely need to have that fan replaced. And it would be best to do so before it starts to overheat and causes other things to need replacing (CPU, GPU, motherboard, etc.).

Solution