Laptop fan sounds like drill after cleaning.

chappiemwoan

Great
Jun 29, 2018
So I cleaned the fan of my msi laptop with compressed air to clean it. But when I start my laptop and the fan goes on it sounds like a drill like drilling a screw into a wall or something. Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how I could fix it?

Don't get bogged down by semantics. Bottom line you disturbed it, 'cuz nobody else touched it right. U now may not have a choice but to really disassemble it.

So you didn't do anything but blow compressed air into the blow hole? That action may had been enough to dislodge a small piece of something that had gotten into the exhaust, now in contact with the blades. Use a household vacuum with the smallest nozzle u can find and see if you can suck the cruds out.

Most likley what happened and what rarley can happen that the fan got an angle a bit and thats why it rattles.
But canned air isnt that powerfull soo that bothers me.
Only dissassembling and see what went wrong could fix it.
If you are not experienced a bit with opening i highly suggest you to take it to reputable repair shop to see whats wrong rather than you opening and probably making things worse.
I mean nothing bad of you.