Laptop for a twelve year old for school and drawing...loves Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2018
Hi,

I need a laptop for my girl for school but that will also be good for her digital art wich she loves. She wants to be able to work with Photoshop because it can do layers.

I was recommended and bought a Lenovo Yoga 730 (i5 Intel 8th gen, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD) today but we have not opened it because I first wanted to make sure this is a good choice. The laptop costs $749 but with the protection plan of three years and our “fabulous 11.5% tax” well.... we ended up spending about $1000.

Is this machine a good choice? Do you have any other suggestion?

hang-the-9

Titan
For a 12 yr old, I would get a Chromebook and use a photo app like https://www.howtogeek.com/214990/how-to-edit-photos-on-a-chromebook/

Phtoshop also has some light versions of their programs for Chromebooks also.

But depends on how she feels about the usage, Windows laptop will be more flexible with programs, Chromebook will be cheaper and easier to use with the app store.

Asus Chromebook Flip
Samsung Chromebook Plus or Pro

I just bought my daughter a Samsung model, $260 used, and she loves it, but does not do any photo editing past simple stuff.

hang-the-9

Titan
For a 12 yr old, I would get a Chromebook and use a photo app like https://www.howtogeek.com/214990/how-to-edit-photos-on-a-chromebook/

Phtoshop also has some light versions of their programs for Chromebooks also.

But depends on how she feels about the usage, Windows laptop will be more flexible with programs, Chromebook will be cheaper and easier to use with the app store.

Asus Chromebook Flip
Samsung Chromebook Plus or Pro

I just bought my daughter a Samsung model, $260 used, and she loves it, but does not do any photo editing past simple stuff.

USAFRet

Illustrious

There are multiple other photo imaging tools that do "layers" for far less $$ than Photoshop.
$1,000 for a laptop for a 12 year old? That's pretty hefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 2
Janja Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 2
Any023 Laptop General Discussion 0
Deygus Laptop General Discussion 0
Matt0079 Laptop General Discussion 4
H Laptop General Discussion 2
SEE_ME_HERE Laptop General Discussion 1