LAPTOP for AUDIO RECORDING

Ivliin

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
Hey!

I'm looking for a comfortable and efficient way of creating my small mobile recording studio, and for that reason I require aid at picking the most adequate laptop / notebook / netbook.

My friend advised me that this particular website if the best source of creditable and reliable feedback and for that reason I thank you in advance for any tip you might provide me with, kind reader.

[what I have:]
- USB Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- MXL 770 Condenser Microphone

[what I'm looking for, specifically:]
-A device which specification will be appropriate for audio recording without causing any latency or overheating issues.
-On top of that I'd love to retain perfect balance between weight and endurance, for I will be on-the-run constantly.
-It would be a great upside if this device could serve me in my future plans of experimenting with coding in general - doesn't need to be extremely good for that case, acceptable is fine.
- As it goes for comfort of work, I'm aiming for keyboard in a style of Razer Deathstalker Keyboard (to be more precise - the way that keys are set, with spaces in between )

Last but not least, I'd like to spend the reasonable amount of money for that matter, following the rule of getting maximum effect for the minimal contribution. (My sources of income are limited for now, so desired price range would be somewhere between 200 - 350 euro )

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

metalicgeek

Estimable
At 200-350 euros, you have a rather limited range of laptops to choose from. Most decent laptops begin at the 400+ euro mark. But to address your needs:

1) Because you are using a USB audio interface, the issue of latency is almost a nonissue, as the interface has an onboard sound card.
2) Consider an 11.6" laptop, for low weight.
3) Basic coding does not require much CPU power at all, so you're pretty much covered.
4) At this price range, you really can't afford to be picky about keyboard quality.

For a preliminary choice, I've marked this down:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G22K6602

This tiny Celeron-powered laptop is not very fast, but it will fulfill your basic requirements.