Laptop for College

Jeffries

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
So I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop for college. It's got an i7 a gtx 1050. I haven't started college yet so it hasn't seen much use. However i'm nervous that I spent too much on it and either it was unnecessary or not worth it. I have a desktop but I don't plan on bringing it to college. It's also quite large at 15.6" and im not sure if it will be too big to pull out in class. I can't return it as 30 days have passed since i bought it. Did I make a mistake with this laptop?

Solution
I mean do you play games like The Witcher 3, GTA 5, Battlefield 4 (AAA titles) or casual games like minecraft, dota, CS:GO and so on.
Because if you play AAA titles the laptop was a good purchase, but if you play less demanding games like minecraft, dota CS:GO then you should have bought a cheaper laptop.

ComputerGeek21

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
the gamer side of me would say that you haven't made a mistake but if you don't like playing games then... yes you might have messed up. having a computer made for gaming won't actually effect the performance that much but it probably wasn't worth getting a gaming laptop for collage

borislav1212

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
I mean do you play games like The Witcher 3, GTA 5, Battlefield 4 (AAA titles) or casual games like minecraft, dota, CS:GO and so on.
Because if you play AAA titles the laptop was a good purchase, but if you play less demanding games like minecraft, dota CS:GO then you should have bought a cheaper laptop.

Solution

Jeffries

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016

I do play heavier end games yes, so would you consider it a good laptop for that? It just doesn't seem as fast as I would think it should be when browsing the internet, and the battery seems to die quick.

Jeffries

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016

Maybe I'm just being picky. Sounds good I'll do all that, thanks for the reply's!