Laptop for engineering student

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusPH

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
Hi!
I just got my place secured on a chemical engineering masters (5 years) so I'm looking for a 2 in 1 since I'll be writing lots of formulae/calculations that a normal laptop just will not support. Is the surface my only viable option or are there any others? Thanks!

Solution
Besides the Surface the only other 2 in 1 with a full fledged HQ version of i7 that I can find is the Yoga 720.

If battery life is of any concern what-so ever I would look for a 15" normal laptop that has touch screen and HQ version of i7. That way you get the horsepower, and a chassis capable of actually holding the cooling and battery needed for the kind of work load you are doing.
Besides the Surface the only other 2 in 1 with a full fledged HQ version of i7 that I can find is the Yoga 720.

If battery life is of any concern what-so ever I would look for a 15" normal laptop that has touch screen and HQ version of i7. That way you get the horsepower, and a chassis capable of actually holding the cooling and battery needed for the kind of work load you are doing.

Solution

KirbysHammer

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Agreed, you may see some throttling on 2 in 1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS