Laptop for Overwatch

rik123

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
So I have a gaming PC, but I need a laptop for work/whenever I am away from my house. Seeing how pretty much any laptop under the sun can be used for work, I thought I'd also find something that is able to run Overwatch just so that I know I am getting something that'll last me a while. By run, I mean... Medium settings (or anything that looks decent without blurs or blockyness) with a playable FPS and no lag. I'm not looking for a beast that'll run it on max settings. Anything that doesn't look awful or bad will do.

What I've been looking at so far is these two laptops:

HP Spectre 13-v001na (Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor and Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 520)

DELL Inspiron 15-7559 15.6" Gaming Laptop (Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M)

From what I can see, the DELL has a better processor, but only by a marginal amount. The difference isn't enough for it to be a deciding factor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my research tells me that the DELL's GeForce card does trump the HP's integrated graphics by a massive margin (am I wrong?). I am in love with the HP's design... It is a beautiful laptop, but... it is £500 more than the DELL. Is it even worth that price? From what I can see, the DELL has a better processor (even if the difference is tiny), better battery life and will run Overwatch on a much higher setting (once again, correct me if I'm wrong about this). If I'm correct about all this, why is the HP so much more expensive!? Should I just stop comparing the two and go for the DELL Inspiron 15-7559?

Oh and if you guys have any other recommendations, please feel free to let me know. In case it matters, the price of the DELL is £799.99.

The quad core i7-6700HQ is significantly more powerful than the dual core i7-6500u especially in game and programs that can make use of 4 cores. I doubt Overwatch will.

The difference in graphics performance between the intel HD 520 and the nVidia GTX 960m is astronomical. The difference easily eclipses the performance difference between the i7-6700HQ and the i7-6500u.

rik123

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

I'll be honest, I was hoping the difference wouldn't be that much so I'd have a excuse to go for the HP. It just looks so damn good. Specs just don't lie though. I'll be going for the Dell (unless someone recommends anything similar).

I guess the Dell really is the wiser option. Out of curiosity, is there anything cheaper that compares to the DELL Inspiron 15-7559, or is it pretty much my best bet?

There is an Asus ROG laptop with similar specs to the Dell, but it is a little more expensive @ $899, however it comes with bundle; Asus cap, headphones, controller and travel bag.

https://www.amazon.com/GL551VW-DS51-i5-6300HQ-NVIDIA-Windows-Notebook/dp/B01D90OAGM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1470923971&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+rog+i5-6300hq+gtx+960m

You can buy the laptop itself for $869.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GL551-15-Inch-Laptop-model/dp/B01C6QYADI/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1470924143&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+rog+GL551VW-DS51