Laptop for part time gaming use

ballums33857

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
My wife's birthday is coming up and she wants a new laptop. She'll use it for the usual internet browsing etc... However, I'm a huge WoW fan and I'd like to get her a laptop that I can use to play WoW while she's away. I'm planning on building a dedicated desktop in a year or so but need something to hold me over until then. My price range is $500ish. I don't need 80 fps but anything over 12 (my current laptop) would be awesome. I'd like to stay away from refurbished systems just because she'd be wary of a "used" computer. Any ideas or links would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hello,
I think your price range is a bit low for an entry level gaming laptop but you should be perfect candidate for newest llano APUs.

Let's see:
Gateway 15" $499 - A6 with 6520G, should be able to run wow on decent settings
Acer 15" $499 - basically the same thing from another company

6520G has been known to run SC2 on lowest settings, so I think it will be ok for WOW
ATI 6520G Review

Best of luck

AntiZig

Distinguished
Hello,
I think your price range is a bit low for an entry level gaming laptop but you should be perfect candidate for newest llano APUs.

Let's see:
Gateway 15" $499 - A6 with 6520G, should be able to run wow on decent settings
Acer 15" $499 - basically the same thing from another company

6520G has been known to run SC2 on lowest settings, so I think it will be ok for WOW
ATI 6520G Review

Best of luck

Solution