laptop for professional 3d animation

nathalia

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
looking for a laptop i can use for my 3d animation work i do on Maya. i am looking to connect a second screen to it as well. i am aware of alienware laptops, but thought maybe there is someone out there with some hands on experience working on laptop machines. something reliable and strong enough. looking for 17 inch and maybe a budget around 2k. less the better

this is planned to be my work station when travelling, i have my main machine at home, that for its bulkyness is not practical to travel with :) thanks everyone.

nathalia

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
i was learning about gaming laptop and workstation. workstation being a lot more expensive, but then dourabule for heavy program use, but really necessary? i have a feeling i might be good enough to go with a gaming laptop, only animating on it, no rendering

nathalia

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
i should explain further, after researching and thinking about the budget i want to spend i am looking for 1500-1700 on a laptop, considering i have to buy two, one for my partner, and an extra monitor, and back etc.. i'll continue my quest on the search :)

Thanks by the way for getting back to me!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Capplepar Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
lennium Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 2
@computernoob Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 3
kho_ Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 3