Laptop for programming and low-end games

rotmaster

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Hello, I am currently looking for a 15,6'' laptop, which is not too heavy. I looked at lenovos, which is probably the brand I am going to get, because they have good prices and I love their professional build/looks. I want a laptop for programming, I will go into a certificate in programming at the university. I want a laptop for programming, some web surfing and maybe low-end games, probably older games that do not require a lot of graphics capabilities. I prefer lenovos also because they have matte-screens, that stop reflexion and glares. I want an Intel processor, about 8gb of ram, an SSD (I love the computer opening super fast and the applications being opened at amazing speeds, etc), or 500gb of storage or whatever size it is (or both, if that's possible?), I do not need a lot of it, I have my stuff stored on an external hard drive that I bring everywhere. And any integrated graphics will do, if that's only for older games. The resolution does not matter that much, it will not be for high-end applications anyway. On lenovo's website the laptops I'm looking for have about 9 hours of battery life, is that realistic?

I looked at this model: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/e-series/e550/#E550_BASE_SAP

So yep, that's pretty much it, if I missed anything please let me know. My budget is about 700-800-900 max. In canadian currency. So CAD $.

Thank you all for your time!

Solution
The laptop you looked at is great. Thinkpads have very good quality and the value for that specific laptop seems to be good.
Had an ASUS laptops that I used for almost the same things as you but it got replaced three times. I ended up requiring my money back. The motherboard was poorly grounded and got short-circuited easily. A serious design issue that I wasn't expecting from Asus.

AdriansNetwork

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
The laptop you looked at is great. Thinkpads have very good quality and the value for that specific laptop seems to be good.
Had an ASUS laptops that I used for almost the same things as you but it got replaced three times. I ended up requiring my money back. The motherboard was poorly grounded and got short-circuited easily. A serious design issue that I wasn't expecting from Asus.

Solution