Laptop for Recording

Dett27

Honorable
May 27, 2013
Hey everyone I am looking for a fairly cheap laptop that I can use obs on with an elgato for recording xbox one gameplay. I move my xbox around quite a bit when playing it and keep it at my friends house a lot of the time. I am looking for something fairly portable in the 13"-15" range. I want to be able to record hd 30fps gameplay and I using it for light photoshop work for thumbnails and probably some video editing itself. Playing actual games on it is not a huge concern as I have a desktop dedicated to that. (will a graphics card affect my recording?). My price range can vary widely but I would like to stay on the cheap end if possible. but want some quality as I will probably use it quite a bit. any suggestions or insight from someone in a similar situation? Thanks guy!

Solution
Essentially, you still have to have the elgato software open to record the footage with OBS, and thats still intensive as the machine needs to handle real time video input which requires dedicated graphics and a fast processor. I even have issues with doing the same task on my desktop with a i5 6600k.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016
Essentially, you still have to have the elgato software open to record the footage with OBS, and thats still intensive as the machine needs to handle real time video input which requires dedicated graphics and a fast processor. I even have issues with doing the same task on my desktop with a i5 6600k.

Solution