Laptop Freezes and since nothing works, needs force Shutdown.

Asteroid2201

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Hello. I've a Dell Inspiron 1120 laptop. Lately it's been giving me a lot of trouble. The laptop suddenly freezes, everything on the screen just freezes, even the mouse cursor doesn't move! And then all I can do is force shutdown the system. During the moment when the laptop is frozen, the LED for the hard drive is off or just glows solid. I made a Hard Disc check up through Dell PC Doctor but there was no problem with it. The freezing happens everytime. Please, I hope someone out there can help me out since I'm not a tech savvy. Thanks in advance.

clutchc

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Have you run CCleaner lately? It sounds like s software conflict or registry errors.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Do the Clean and Registry sections both.

Have you ever gotten rid of all the bloatware and adware that came with the laptop? Most of that junk is problems waiting to happen. It steals resources and wastes clock cycles.

clutchc

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Have you run CCleaner lately? It sounds like s software conflict or registry errors.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Do the Clean and Registry sections both.

Have you ever gotten rid of all the bloatware and adware that came with the laptop? Most of that junk is problems waiting to happen. It steals resources and wastes clock cycles.

Asteroid2201

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkiBaBopBaDopBop Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
Matiyo Laptop Tech Support 0
Mdot Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 1
abacus143 Laptop Tech Support 1