Laptop freezes atleast one time after startup.

Mariusgt

Honorable
May 23, 2013
This happened after i restored my computer to an earlier point, since I got some problems. My laptop is brand new. Here are the specs:

15.6" Wide LED Full HD screen
3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM 2.4-3.3GHz processor, quadcore
Intel HM77 Express chipset
8GB DDR3 1600MHz SO-DIMM memory (2x4GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 4GB GDDR5 graphic card
750GB hard drive

What happens is; I goto Google chrome, check facebook etc. Then it freezes, I can only move my cursor, it freezes for like 10 seconds.

Anyone know what could have caused this, and fix it? Thanks.

clutchc

Distinguished
Could be conflicting pgms or even registry errors. Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry both. It may take more than one pass if your system is garbaged up pretty bad.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

If it is still in new condition with tons of bloatware and ad-ware, run Malwarebytes too.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Better yet, uninstall as much bloatware crap as you can.

Mariusgt

Honorable
May 23, 2013
I have scan with CCleaner now, did it once before. But still happened, scanning with the Malware thing right now. Hopefully it will be fixed, I will see on it tomorrow. Thanks, keep in touch!

If your mouse is moving, then that's not quite considered freezing - which might actually be a positive sign (depending on how you look at it)!

Does the program show that it is "not responding"? You may have incurred some sort of OS corruption at the restore point as well. If you have an even earlier restore point, you can try that.

Mariusgt

Honorable
May 23, 2013
I dont think so, that it comes a not responding message. Would restoring it AGAIN help? Because, after i restored, it has been slower startup, bad internet connection and all sort of problems..

If you did a system recovery and are left with just as many problems, then you may need to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows. If you did a system restore and were left with problems, then try a factory recovery. :)

Do you remember what you had to do to do this recovery?

Mariusgt

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Yes, I turned mic volume to 100, and it wouldnt start, long story..

It is still freezing, but this time I tried to click once, and the mouse cursor frooze too! And after the freezing was gone, it came a beep sound.

The beeping sound is not a good sign. It makes me wonder if it's an indication of hardware failure.

You may want to consider a system factory recovery, if you haven't done that. If you used a system restore point, that's not the same and the factory recovery is more likely to rid you of software problems. Only issue: a factory recovery removes all data and installed programs, so back up your data first!

Also, if you can get your hands on a can of compressed air or an air compressor, then use that to blow out the vents thoroughly.