Solved! Laptop Freezes everytime i move it or touch it slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekop123

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
So i have this msi gl72 2qf laptop and the first couple of months it worked perfectly but after some months it began to freeze when i lifted it in the right side and bent it slightly. The screen became unresponsive and it i kept lifting it up and down the screen would flicker. So i sent it in for repair and i got it back later and it all worked fine. They said nothing was wrong with it. So i guess some componements had shaked around in the mail.
So it works for a couple of months and the situation gets worse. When i lift the computer up just like normal when you walk around with your pc t would freeze and the screen would flicker.
Now after a long time i cant even use it because it freezes even when its just staying still on the table.
The company i bought it at denies to repair it and if i want to make a case about it with a lawyer it would take over 10 months.
Is there by any chance i can fix this my self?

Solution

Yes could be lose cable, could be other things, motherboard and every other...
There is always a chance you can fix it, if you can find out exactly what is wrong. Could be a loose connection with a ribbon cable, could be something more serious. Open it and re-seat the connections to the screen, re-seat the RAM and hard drive, clean off the heatsink and apply new thermal paste. Is laptop out of warranty? Did you contact MSI?

tekop123

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

I contacted msi and got a retarted reply. I didnt even understand it but they said i should restart the pc and press f4 or something.
It like if i bend the computer the screen comes on but its frozen and if i then set it down again it all goes black.
Couldnt that sound like a loose ribbon cable?

tekop123

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

I contacted msi and got a retarted reply. I didnt even understand it but they said i should restart the pc and press f4 or something.
It like if i bend the computer the screen comes on but its frozen and if i then set it down again it all goes black.
Couldnt that sound like a loose ribbon cable?

Yes could be lose cable, could be other things, motherboard and every other component is more or less attached to the case, flexing case can cause issues with several things. Contact MSI support again, if you get some foreign person first level support, see if they will transfer you to a second level or 3rd level support person that may understand the issue better without just reading of a script. Does not sound like they understood the issue.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.