Laptop Freezes on Boot Up

Jeffrey_18

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Alright so my laptop has been having this persistent problem where the computer will turn on and freeze up in the first minute or two of use. When it freezes, the image on the display becomes distorted and requires a hard reboot to fix the issue. This can happen a few times before it stays on properly. After this, there are no other issues with how the computer runs. I've also noticed that this seems to be less of a problem if the computer has been in a warm room, like near the fireplace. It's just really odd, I've never seen anything like it, and its inconvenient to say the least. Thoughts?

Jeffrey_18

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I'm running windows 8.1. the laptop is an acer aspire 771g. This problem has really been ongoing for awhile now, since before 8.1 even, I've just been incredibly lazy. I haven't, but I will next time I'm booting up after a few hours off. Again, it seems like temperature is somehow a factor...if the computer has only been in sleep mode for 20 minutes or so, there are no issues. That leads me to believe it must be a hardware issue of some kind, but what exactly I have no idea