Solved! Laptop Freezes or wifi gets disconnected and unable to connect to new wifi hotspot when laptop is moved

Aug 24, 2019
I have an Asus X550LD laptop with 8gb ram , graphics card and i 5 processor.

When my laptop is moved, then one of the below mentioned things happen.
  1. My laptop freezes totally. It does not respond to any key and then I had to only hard reboot the computer.
  2. My laptop gets disconnected to the connected hotspot and then it shows very few hotspot and it is unable to connect to any of them.
It does not happen when the laptop is moved in a certain direction or way. I think it is totally random.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
For the freezing...

When was the last time you rebooted (powered off and back on) the laptop? That could be one of the issues if not done regularly. Sleep and hibernate don't count. Also, you should look at updating the drivers.

For the WiFi...

As to the connection to WiFi being lost, that could be the type of WiFi card the device has or the WiFi you are connecting to. Some devices are way more sensitive to changes in connection than others. Try it on different WiFis, as it sounds like you are referring to just one. If it doesn't happen on the others, then it is the WiFi you are trying to connect to. If it happens on others, you need to determine if it is just moving the laptop, or if it is the direction you are from the WiFi you are...
For the freezing...

When was the last time you rebooted (powered off and back on) the laptop? That could be one of the issues if not done regularly. Sleep and hibernate don't count. Also, you should look at updating the drivers.

For the WiFi...

As to the connection to WiFi being lost, that could be the type of WiFi card the device has or the WiFi you are connecting to. Some devices are way more sensitive to changes in connection than others. Try it on different WiFis, as it sounds like you are referring to just one. If it doesn't happen on the others, then it is the WiFi you are trying to connect to. If it happens on others, you need to determine if it is just moving the laptop, or if it is the direction you are from the WiFi you are trying to connect to, and even look at what obstacles are between you and where the WiFi is coming from.

Solution