Laptop Freezes when the lid is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronankelvin09

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Hey, I have this dell Latitiude 6420 series laptop. It works normally but when i close the lid and open it back up the computer freezes and I cant move my mouse or anything, The only thing i can do is remove the battery and put it back in and when i reboot it, it works fine. I do have the latest display driver. Any solutions?

Solution
your laptop has an ssd? or a hdd?
ensure the hibernate service is on and you have enough hdd space for it to write to.

sometimes a bios setting stops panels from starting up properly > enter bios and disable pll overvoltage .... this is the 'clipping' signal the bios should use to override voltage disparity and having it on can cause sleep and hibernate to not function correctly (the shake awake signal possibly not high enough to shake awake)

warning? pll overvoltage is there to help protect your cpu, disabling it can shorten its life?

ronankelvin09

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

That is just a temporary fix though, i don't think i can go a long time with the screen closed and the computer is still running. Thanks I will use it when i am working.
But i would like a permanent fix.

ronankelvin09

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

But that does not fix anything.... I just want to put my laptop to sleep and then start using it as is + Hibernate does not work on my laptop aswell.... It just boots up into a black screen

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
your laptop has an ssd? or a hdd?
ensure the hibernate service is on and you have enough hdd space for it to write to.

sometimes a bios setting stops panels from starting up properly > enter bios and disable pll overvoltage .... this is the 'clipping' signal the bios should use to override voltage disparity and having it on can cause sleep and hibernate to not function correctly (the shake awake signal possibly not high enough to shake awake)

warning? pll overvoltage is there to help protect your cpu, disabling it can shorten its life?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.