Solved! Laptop freezing

Dec 7, 2020
Whenever my laptop freezes it completely locks up. Picture freezes and audio cuts. Only way to fix it is to power down with the power button. I've had to do this 20 times already with no found fix, and I'm worried that if I do this anymore my laptop might end up getting even worse.

I have no clue what triggers it. At first I thought it was when I play games, but it can happen at any random times like just Web browsing or opening applications. Sometimes I will be idle and it will still freeze!

It happens randomly, whether it happens right after start up, or after a long session or gaming.

Reliability manager shows nothing of use.

I really have no idea what do do and would like any suggestions.

Solution
Did you run the laptop diagnostic (usually the vendor has one specifically for you machine). I would put that in a loop and let it run overnight. There may (rarely) be an intermittent connection. Has the laptop ever been opened? This can create problems. Try tapping (gently!) on the machine while it is running. Last resort is opening it up but make sure you understand ESD precautions and realize a lot of machines get broken this way.
Did you run the laptop diagnostic (usually the vendor has one specifically for you machine). I would put that in a loop and let it run overnight. There may (rarely) be an intermittent connection. Has the laptop ever been opened? This can create problems. Try tapping (gently!) on the machine while it is running. Last resort is opening it up but make sure you understand ESD precautions and realize a lot of machines get broken this way.

Solution
Dec 7, 2020
I did actually open up the laptop not too long ago to replace the fan. (I do also open it maybe once every 3 months to clear out the dust in the fans). This was back around start of December. The problems started to happen maybe 2/3 weeks ago. As for the laptop diagnostic, I am not familiar with it. How would I go about this?

Opening the unit without practicing proper ESD procedures can cause problems. I suggest you research this on the internet. It is widely ignored on you tube videos and even many repair techs, but there is not a manufacturer out there that doesn't take it seriously as I know first hand. As far as the diagnostic goes, you'll have to look this up. Laptops are all different. On my HP, there is a specific function key on booting that starts the diagnostic. You can also download generic diagnostics if your brand doesn't have one. Best of luck.