Laptop gaming issues

TheAlphaPanda

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
Recently my laptop's been having some issues. I play games that have a.i. like csgo and dota 2 and whenever I play bots it's always lagging now. I used to be able to play with at least 30 fps in both now it's around 10-15 fps. Also, this issue started with something else that I think might be related. My fan is now so loud whenever it speeds up and I can hear some vibration. The issue of really low fps doesn't seem to happen when I play without bots (but with other players). Everything else aside from playing games has so far had no problems.

I'm not really an expert on diagnosing and stuff so any form of help will be greatly appreciated.

TheAlphaPanda

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Sorry it took quite a while to reply I forgot about this for a multitude of reasons. This is my laptop's model with i5 and intel hd 4000 since the model can have varied specs.

https://www.asus.com/ph/Laptops/ASUS_VivoBook_S400CA/specifications/

TheAlphaPanda

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Yes it happens consistently with bots. There are these rare moments when I can play offline with bots without the fps drop but that's so rare. For bots I could drop the bot count to 2-3 bots and I get around 40 fps. Increasing the bot count decreases my fps.

When I play online I get around 40-70 fps which varies depending on my current location and the amount of things on the screen. I usually play on one map but very rarely when I get matched into a different map there's also a chance that my fps will drop to 20-40 fps.

TheAlphaPanda

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Thanks for the reply but I just remembered a few things that might help you guys in helping me.

-Even though 4 gb is something you would consider as low, I used to be able to play offline with bots with no fps drop up to 19 bots in CS:GO.
-For temperature I've tried running bots both after letting my laptop run for a while and also right after startup and the results are pretty much the same.
-Wi-Fi isn't really the problem since it's offline with bots.

Lastly, I remember that this just started happening out of the blue. As I previously mentioned, I was able to play bots no problem before, even hosting servers for my friends. Then it just started acting up for no reason but it became most apparent when my drive broke. I replaced it and I currently am using a second-hand drive from my friend but it seems to also have problems like audible sounds similar to fan blades hitting the side. I'm sure it's not the actual laptop fan because the fan is on the other side and the drive is the only thing on that side.

I'm always on the go with my laptop so is it possible the constant relocation had shaken/damaged something inside?

TheAlphaPanda

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

I'll be honest I don't really know. It's drive we took from a second hand laptop and we didn't really know the specs. It could possibly be the drive again but I don't really know. I'll have to save up for a new drive and see (which I was already thinking of doing for the reason that the current drive I have is running out of space).