Laptop gaming lags when plugged in

adityvd96

Estimable
May 2, 2015
I am currently using Lenovo Essential G510 and gaming with graphics AMD Radeon HD 8570m , so the problem is that the games lag when i run them in plugged in state, but when on battery they run perfectly . I have download and updated so many graphic drivers till the present date. The problem still exists.

pete_101

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
Most people with laptops have a problem the other way around, laggy when on batteries. The cause is usually in the graphics settings were it changes from the dedicated graphics to the integrated in order to save power. I don't have a laptop to try this out on, but if you right click on your desktop there should be graphics settings that you can enter. There will be power options, probably under 3d graphics or something, try changing them to maximum performance.

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

To expand on this depending on the games you are playing and the power settings applied. It may be that the CPUs graphics are powerful enough when plugged in to run the game so it doesn't switch to the "dedicated" GPU.

It could also be an option in the Driver menus to force the dedicated GPU on games. (there was one in the NVIDIA driver).

adityvd96

Estimable
May 2, 2015

Actually i have checked and confirmed that the games are using dedicated graphics . I have tried all the solutions regarding the graphic card issues. ( I have AMD 8570m 2GB). I think there is some issue in Motherboard or processor frequency issues but i don't know exactly. I have read the other threads related to this same problem but that was one for Lenovo G505s. Can it be a problem with my laptop's motherboard ?