Laptop gaming problems

Matthieu Howell

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014
Hi there I hope YOU can help a fellow gamer.

lets get straight into the mess :D

i Have a fujitsu laptop it has:

an core i5-2450 2.5 GHZ cpu

a GT525M gpu

6Gb of DDR3 866MhZ ram

games i play BF4,Bf3,Dayz,tombraider,Bo2

the problem i have is that i can get high frames in most games at low to high settings and get 40 fps
the frame rate is not bothering me but there is this one really annoying problem! i can be getting 60FPS when bam suddenly as im about to pull the trigger or just walking a along or crafting the game freezes for 1 to 3 to even 6 seconds sometimes then bam everything back to normal ? why is this as i can get playable frames all the time but this problem makes some games enjoyable and unplayable D; ? are there any possible solutions or problems that are causing this thanks to every one who can help

Love from a pc gamer :D

Solution
5400 RPM = ouch! That could be the problem. It sounds like whenever the hard drive spins up for an I/O operation, your game hangs. Not much you can do to fix that as it's more or less a problem with the RPM (i.e, the drive is too slow).

You can defrag it and see if that reduces how often this happens, as well as possibly reducing the time it happens for on each occurrence. Auslogics Disk defrag is a good utility for defragging.

A faster drive should help, especially a solid state drive. ;)

Matthieu Howell

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014

i have a 750GB toshiba HDD 5200RPM and yes all drivers up to date :D thanks for the reply :D

5400 RPM = ouch! That could be the problem. It sounds like whenever the hard drive spins up for an I/O operation, your game hangs. Not much you can do to fix that as it's more or less a problem with the RPM (i.e, the drive is too slow).

You can defrag it and see if that reduces how often this happens, as well as possibly reducing the time it happens for on each occurrence. Auslogics Disk defrag is a good utility for defragging.

A faster drive should help, especially a solid state drive. ;)

Solution

Matthieu Howell

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014

Thanks you so much can i run some of my games off my 64 GB USB will thta be better :D

Kind regards matt