Laptop going repeatedly in sleep mode after a disassembly

Jun 4, 2018
Hi.
Yesterday I disassembled my Asus U30JC notebook to fix a problem of phisical instability of the USB ports (I cleaned them and repositioned the metal contacts). It was the first time I did it and I followed a step by step video tutorial. After reassembling the laptop, it did not turn on. I realized that I had not reconnected the small "comb" that connects the power supply to the motherboard.

So I disassembled it again, connected the power supply and reassembled. Everything seemed to work fine, including USB ports.

After a while, however, the computer began to go suddenly on sleep mode, even when active (while I was writing or otherwise). As I reactivated it, it went to sleep mode again in few minutes or seconds.

Since then this behavior happens regularly: if turned on after a long inactivity holds up for about ten minutes, then starts to turn off more and more frequently.

The temperature does not seem to be increased abnormally (as I can perceive: I have not verified with an utility). Anyway the issue shown up immediately after the disassembly and reassembly.

I suppose that maybe I could have inadvertently damaged the temperature sensor, which triggers the standby inappropriately, but it is only a hypothesis.

I don't know what to do. Can someone help me? Thank you.

Solution
I would suggest going back in and checking the connection you had not originally reconnected and make sure nothing got inside that area. Even a spec of something can cause it. Also if there was any damage or it is loose would cause this.