Laptop GPU 90C is okay?

midoelbahaie

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Hello So I have a Lenovo ideapad 110-115isk and I've realized that when I play fortnite a bit intensive game for my laptop my laptop overheats like crazy and if I touch the bottom of my laptop for 5 sec my hands start to hurt me so I did some temp sensors and found out my gpu overheats like crazy when I'm gaming till 87c and my CPU does overheat but not that badly I think it says about 70-80c but mostly in low 70s I have a strong CPU but weak gpu. I decided to overclock my gpu to get an extra 5 fps because in some places I get 20fps so I need an extra 5 fps or so to be playable to I overclocked to 1100 clock from 955 and 1100 memory from 900 and I used a laptop cooler I realized my temps reached 95c but it stayed there and never went to 96c or maximum 96 so my question is is this safe and if I keep at this rate will my gpu die in maybe 3 years and if I shouldn't overclock what should I do since I get 87c which is pretty close to 95

Solution
There are a few things that you can do. Ensure that the air ports are clear, ensure that the fan doesn't have buildup, apply new paste to the gpu, raise the laptop up to provide better air flow, ensure that the fans are at max (not always an option on the laptop but it may be in the software/BIOS)

Daniel_424

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
There are a few things that you can do. Ensure that the air ports are clear, ensure that the fan doesn't have buildup, apply new paste to the gpu, raise the laptop up to provide better air flow, ensure that the fans are at max (not always an option on the laptop but it may be in the software/BIOS)

Solution