Solved! Laptop has problems starting up

twistedminds

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
My laptop is having a problem. Whenever I try to start it up, it will usually start up for a minute, with nothing on the screen, and then it will shut itself down. Then it will start itself up and do the same thing. Over and over until I manually restart it. Eventually I can start it up and it starts up fine, but it's damn annoying to spend ten minutes just waititng for it to start up properly.

Specs:
CPU: AMD turion 64 x2 mobile technology tl-56 1.8 GHz
RAM: 2 gb ddr
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Solution
Ok, when your computer reboots it's most likely getting a blue screen (BSOD)

when it reboots, hit F8 and see if you can disable automatic restart. otherwise go to system options it's under system protection or advanced options, there's a checkbox that that says restart on critical error, you want to uncheck that so the computer pauses when it hits a BSOD so you can read what the problem was and write the error code down

typically it's from drivers or hardware issues, so update your hardware drivers, could solve the problem

AntiZig

Distinguished
Ok, when your computer reboots it's most likely getting a blue screen (BSOD)

when it reboots, hit F8 and see if you can disable automatic restart. otherwise go to system options it's under system protection or advanced options, there's a checkbox that that says restart on critical error, you want to uncheck that so the computer pauses when it hits a BSOD so you can read what the problem was and write the error code down

typically it's from drivers or hardware issues, so update your hardware drivers, could solve the problem

Solution