nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hello I recently bought a MSi GT70 Laptop
I see that there are 2 drives in the "My PC" window
One is called "OS_install" which is my c drive I guess everything i download goes on here as well
One is called "Data" which is my D drive which i used to back up a few games can I combine both these hard drives together?
It seems bit annoying to me
I am running Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Solution
Was the D drive empty before you started using it? usually another partition is created which holds your windows install as well as the drivers just in case anything goes wrong.

mrsweet1991

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Was the D drive empty before you started using it? usually another partition is created which holds your windows install as well as the drivers just in case anything goes wrong.

Solution

nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Yes the D Drive was completely empty until i put my game backups in it
If its necessary i will delete the game back ups i just want my hard drive in one

mrsweet1991

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Great, so in this case grab easeus partition manager (get the free version) back up your game installs to your C: drive then delete your D: drive and then you should be able to resize your C: drive in easeus partition manager and slide the slider across which will fill in the deleted partition and as a result one partition spanning the entire hard drive space.

If my instructions where not clear please ask and I'll provide a better step by step.

nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Thanks i got the program and i am unable to drag the drive bar over if you could please simplify what i do once i am in the program that would be great thanks

mrsweet1991

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Also, if that doesn't work mate try right clicking the unalocated space and creating a partition NTFS, then use easeus tool called "merge" or "merge partitions" this should allow you to merge the newly created partition to your C drive

nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Thanks so Much!
both drives are combined the D drive is still there and there seems to be some amount of data on there but its minimal and drive only has like 600mb free
my c drive has 915gb free!
Thanks Again!
By the way beast rig you have!

mrsweet1991

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

I'm very glad I could help you, and thanks very much for your compliment on my rig :)