Solved! Laptop Help Needed

Starbohydrate

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I'm actually getting ready to purchase a laptop here in the next couple of weeks( I like the mobility) and any further advice/guidance you guys have would be immensely appreciated. Originally I was looking at Samsung, Dell, Sony and Toshiba as my next purchase (my last one was a Toshiba) I use my comp mostly for downloading music, uploading/editing pix and surfing the web. Do you have any input on what would be ideal specs for that kind of use? I've noticed that 4GB/500GB specs have been catching my eye. I'm not at all tech savvy so if I sound like an imbecile forgive my ignorance ;-)

Hello Starbohydrate;

You're in the right place to get your questions answered.
What you want to do is pretty much standard fare for any computer so you have a wide range of choices only limited by your budget. How much did you plan to spend?

Bacterius

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
If you are ready to spend a few more bucks you can get a laptop with an SSD, which is essentially persistent memory that acts as a hard drive, which will tremendously speed up anything you do on your computer - booting will be very fast, system extremely responsive, etc ... if you can afford a nice medium-sized SSD included in your laptop it will probably give you the best bang for your buck given your needs. But again it's not needed and such a laptop would probably cost around $1000. Just a suggestion...