Solved! Laptop hinge broke, no wifi.

Mar 24, 2019
Hello, the hinge on my laptop (msi gp72 7rd leopard) has broken, and there are 2 wires sticking out that look broken also, my wifi now has a one bar connection to my router, and the download speed is terribly slow, it took over two minutes just to launch this site. Is there any way i can fix this without paying for new parts? Or would i have to bring it into a store? TY in advance

Solution
Those 2 wires are the wireless antennas. You need to atleast replace them, which will require a fairly involved teardown of the laptop at which point you might aswell fix/replace the hinge as it may cause the wires to get damaged again.

bignastyid

Splendid
Those 2 wires are the wireless antennas. You need to atleast replace them, which will require a fairly involved teardown of the laptop at which point you might aswell fix/replace the hinge as it may cause the wires to get damaged again.

Solution
Mar 24, 2019
Ok ty, so if i just go to a pc store and ask them to replace the wireless antennas they will do it? are they cheap?