Laptop is Dead!!!! Need help.

Jul 27, 2014
So this happened, my laptop's screen broke into pieces and its working when I started it after the screen broke ,but after 2 days i just wanted it to start again and it started all the lights came up but suddenly it turned off, I tried it to plug it in because i thought the battery was empty but in vain no lights came up no charging light nothing and when i press the power button it doesn't turn on.
My laptop was lenovo ideapad z510 ,6gb ram ,i5, gt740m. i just wanted to know if it was a motherboard failure can i repair it. If its a battery failure how to fix it?? pls help me out p.s I tried all the things i can do like removing ram and keeping it again tried to do hard reset but it doesn't turn on and when i turned it on again and again when its dead i felt heat near the webcam and microphone on top of the screen weird!.

Jul 27, 2014
HI, thanks for replying to my post, I tried doing that by opening the laptop but still no power!! what would be the problem exactly or due to the short circuit the mother board is failed?? don't know whats wrong with the laptop

The last test you can do, remove the connector for the screen, use an external monitor and try to boot. I think if you had a short from the webcam board, the 5 volts line is defective. You can test the line with a USB key with a light on it. When you boot if you have the 5 volts line, the USB key will flash.

Jul 27, 2014
hi, thanks for replying again, the problem is i can't even get the laptop boot, when i connect it to the external charger nothing happens no led's nothing and i've tested this laptop with two different chargers which are perfectly working and it was never connected to power when it got short circuited it was on battery power. i'm personally thinking it might be the fuse in the laptop or the power cable inside the laptop because i've found small cut's on the cable.