Question Laptop is mute. Windows 8.1 pro.

LappSanyi

Great
Aug 26, 2020
My laptop stopped playing sound suddenly. There is no sound on neither on internet nor in windows. Windows device manager only shows Bluetooth sound. Realtek is missing but I have already reinstalled it twice furthermore ATK and Chipset drivers too. I do not know how to compel any sound out of my laptop. Please help.

Why are you still running 8.1? It behooves you to upgrade to the latest Windows.

I had sound issues about a year ago. Tried everything under the sun (I'm pretty astute regarding Windows). A clean install of windows solved the problem. I don't know if you can still do a free upgrade to win10, but when the updates first started, it would not have been a "clean" install (meaning all the software you installed yourself would be gone). Don't know how the upgrades work today.

I personally have found staying up to date it helpful. I also do a clean install every year or to. PITA, but everything works really well when you finish.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Why are you still running 8.1? It behooves you to upgrade to the latest Windows.

I had sound issues about a year ago. Tried everything under the sun (I'm pretty astute regarding Windows). A clean install of windows solved the problem. I don't know if you can still do a free upgrade to win10, but when the updates first started, it would not have been a "clean" install (meaning all the software you installed yourself would be gone). Don't know how the upgrades work today.

I personally have found staying up to date it helpful. I also do a clean install every year or to. PITA, but everything works really well when you finish.
You can still "upgrade" to Win 10. This capability really never stopped.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Am I allowed to press the power button during Bios update?
NO! Not unless the update program explicitly says to. Otherwise, you risk bricking the laptop beyond repair.

Were you asked for a BIOS password, by the way (assuming one might have been set)?

From the screen you showed, the flashing process has not begun. Pressing the power button under these circumstances should be okay.

LappSanyi

Great
Aug 26, 2020
I wasn't asked for password. I think the process has not started yet. It get stuck before that. So now I wont be able to update the bios if the computer says the same about the battery at every try?

LappSanyi

Great
Aug 26, 2020
Yes it is plugged in. A few years ago my laptop was in service because of a not working display and they said they had to restart my battery too beside the replacement.